-->

Wednesday, 23 October 2013

FAQs about BB2

I thought I'd write a quick post today to give a more thorough update on my second pregnancy, so far, and answer some of the FAQs I have been getting lately.

How far along are you now? Today I am 11 weeks and 5 days pregnant. In a couple of days I'll be 12 weeks and officially on to bigger and better things!

How do you feel? Sick! I am just as sick this time as I was with Penelope. The first nine weeks were the roughest, and I am slowly getting a bit better each day. I still throw up every morning, like clockwork, and I feel like I've hit a brick wall about 2PM each day and wonder how I'll make it until Daniel gets home!

What is different about this pregnancy? I feel more tired, but I think that comes with the territory of having a toddler (and one who decides to become anti-sleep for most of your first trimester!) I do feel almost exactly the same. I haven't gained any weight, which is different from last time.

When are you due? May 9, 2014. Penelope's birthday is May 16th, which means I'm having another May baby. So far it's been great because I am pregnant at the exact same time, so all my maternity clothes are the right season, and lots of "milestones" fall on similar dates. It feels a bit like deja vus!

Do you want a boy or girl? Either or will thrill me! I also am finding with this pregnancy that almost everybody "hopes" for a boy aloud. I don't really find that helpful since I have zero control over gender (talk to Daniel!) and I think two girls would be a blessing.

Are you going to have a midwife again? Yes. We have a midwife already and we're very excited about that! We'll approach some things a bit differently this time, especially with monitoring me more closely for gestational diabetes and monitoring the size of baby.

Do you still want four kids? This is usually asked with a knowing smile! I will write a more detailed blog on this one day soon, but in short, no. Most likely not. And most definitely not biologically.

What names do you have in mind? I think because we chose such a unique name for Penelope people ask us what we have in mind for our next. Lots of blogs to come on this because I seriously have no idea, although it's certain to be another unique one! I'm loving old british/old lady names again for a girl....and for boys it's looking pretty biblical. Either way, you'll have to wait until the babe is in our arms to find out!

Any questions I didn't address? Feel free to ask in the comments and I'll answer for you! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're beginning to feel better. It is more difficult when you have older children to take care of as well. I'm praying for you!

    We had people hoping out loud that our last would be a girl (and she was!). But it did seem rather pointless. We couldn't change her gender no matter how many times people wished it. :-) And I was totally fine with a boy or girl. I was just so happy to be expecting another baby. :-)

    ReplyDelete