-->

Thursday, 18 July 2013

a bittersweet announcement

It is with a mixture of many emotions that my husband and I are announcing something very special today...

My husband has accepted a job offer at Lakeside Church in Guelph, as a new Student Ministries Pastor. He will be working on a team, with two other young men who will also be working in Student Ministries. My husband will be starting his new job in the middle of August. We will be moving to Guelph in September.

We are sad that he will be leaving his internship at our current church, Compass Point in Burlington. We are sad to leave our church family, after only one year. I'm sad to leave all my nursery babies and friends that I have made. I'm sad that my dream to live in the same city as my Mom has died.

At the same time, we are excited, happy...elated at this opportunity. I am so incredibly proud of my husband for getting the job at Lakeside. I am excited that our new home is two minutes away from our church. A huge prayer answered. I am so excited that the townhouse we are moving into has massive windows. Another prayer answered. (we live in a basement, so windows are sorta like heaven around here).

But more importantly, way more importantly, I am excited to reach out to broken people. I am excited to raise my family in this church, because I believe, with all my heart, that our family will be raised in Guelph. That this is our church. The church. For us. A church for broken people. Just like me.


7 comments:

  1. Hey!! So I understand the bittersweetness in this post- but for me it is ALL Sweetness!!! You're moving to my city!!! And just in time for my little monkey girl to be born and meet you and your wonderful daughter!!! Please let me know if there is anything you need as you start looking for a home here and such! I have been in Guelph for 6 years now, so I know the neighbourhoods etc and would love to help you in anyway I can!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am sooo excited!!! We have to hang out lots!! :) We actually got a house already in a new subdivision in the North end. it's still under construction, but we're moving in Sept 1st.

      Delete
  2. Such exciting news! What a mighty God we serve! :-) Praying for you as you pack up and move. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) We are very excited, this is such a blessing for our family.

      Delete
  3. You will LOVE Guelph. I know it! I loved it when I was there and was sad to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compass Point's loss is Lakeside's gain!
    You have been such a blessing to us this past year & I'm sad to see you moving on....
    But, Lakeside is a wonderful church!
    I've been there a number of times for Celebrate Recovery leadership functions. Assuming the rest of the staff is like Brian, you'll be thrilled to work there!
    May God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in Guelph and LOVE IT too. Let me know if you need to be put in touch with anyone etc. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete