-->

Thursday, 27 June 2013

she's not a tiny baby anymore

Today was a full day. It was jam packed, and full of fun. I wrapped up some lose ends from my very first Arbonne party that happened last night. I started a walking group and met a really lovely mom in my neighbourhood. I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed. I had a nice visit with family. But it got to a point where I just needed some quiet.

So, I put Penelope on the floor in the living room, and I sat down for some quiet bible study time. I was in the same room as Pen, just not being very attentive. I was absorbed in my own little world, trusting that she was off playing quietly a few feet from me.

And she was.

Suddenly, I heard the tinkling of a glass. I looked up, and Penelope was standing on my couch, reaching for my cup of water on the counter above her. First of all, how the heck did my daughter get onto the couch?

I raced over to her (in a quiet way so I didn't startle her!) and managed to rescue her and my cup of water quickly and smoothly. I noticed that she had dragged a little basket over to the couch, flipped over, and used it as a step stool to get onto the couch.

Since when did my infant, needy, helpless babe turn into a scheming little girl full of mischief and curiosity?

Seriously. Somebody tell me.




No comments:

Post a Comment